Tuesday

Erickson Beamon Jewelry at Target




Okay Erickson Beamon, I get it. You're a bold, avant-garde jewelry line adored by celebrities and fashionistas alike. But see, Target gave you an opportunity here to share the love. Well, I just looked at your new line and while it isn't all terrible, I really think you didn't put forth your best efforts. And for some pieces, you downright owe Target an apology.
Overall, I think you stayed true to your design aesthetic, as almost everything there could be classified as a statement piece. What kind of statement, though, is debateable.


Aside from the garish color choices of the Jeweled Cuff Bracelet in Gold/Peach ($60), the faux leather looks and feels cheap, as do the big crystal gems. As a comparison, I highlighted one of your regular collection pieces, the Gold Leaf Cuff ($525), to show how you (usually) do it right. Another miss was the Layered Pendant Necklace ($50) that boasted shiny purple metal interwoven with turquoise suede cord. Yikes. The pendant itself, which appears frequently throughout the collection, is not bad. In the black-on-black version of this necklace, it brings just the right amount of bling. However, sitting in the middle of my high school senior year colors, it sadly has no choice but to look like a cheap, costumey brooch. That said, there were some pieces I thought looked cute. The Jeweled Flower Ring ($30) was big and fun to try on. The Black Flower Pendant Necklace ($30) features the brooch/pendant in its better days, and the gold tone acrylic almost looks like real gold.
There are a few more fun pieces online that almost made me want to throw down the thirty bucks or so for a genuine EB creation. But if the quality is anything like what I saw in the store, I think I'll just keep saving for the originals.
Categories: Fashion, Jewelry, Rant and Rave
Published by SheFindsJenn

No comments:

Post a Comment