Tuesday

Sarah Jessica Parker Dishes On Her New Gig as Fashion Exec at Halston

More details have emerged about Sarah Jessica Parker’s newly cemented role at storied American fashion label Halston. The actress will not only weigh in on the aesthetic of the collections as its chief creative officer, but the balance sheets too, as she was also named president and given an equity stake in the company. Parker tells WWD, “I think this is a brand new kind of business model, and it illustrates how serious I am about this position. I think it’s wonderful to feel invested in something.” The risk-taking 44 year-old adds, “I tend not to just endorse something. I like feeling the stakes.” Being a film star isn’t the usual trajectory for running a clothing line, as she’s the first to admit: “I know I come to the company in a rather unorthodox way but I’m not the first to be president of a company without the traditional background,” Parker says. “Others have been successful in those endeavors and I do so hope I can be as well.” As for what she brings to the table, the star cites, “good manners, a point of view that is inspiring, that is hopefully smart, and an incredible passion and excitement and enthusiasm, as well as some experience of what I know about women, that having been pretty much the focus of my role in ‘Sex and the City.’” For more on Parker’s role at Halston, see wwd.com. -Emily Hsieh
Celebrity Designer,
Sarah Jessica Parker


New Halston Line Available at Neiman Marcus:


No comments:

Post a Comment